Thursday, January 22, 2009

Silly Jonathan

And in my series of photographer screw-ups, here's another one for you. I messed up the exposure...again. But this time, I blame at least half of it on Jonathan. He kept moving from sun to shade and back so quickly I was having a hard time keeping up: changing my ISO and shutter speed every 5 seconds. I blame 40% on the sunlight because I couldn't see my light meter, so really only 10 percent was my fault. ;-) I was too stubborn to switch to Auto so sometimes I ended up with shots like this. Yesterday, I called it an artistic shot. Today, I converted it to black and white. :-)

2 comments:

LC Photography said...

Even though the exposure is a bit off, I do love the look and the expression he has. I just wish the whole hat was in the shot....he looks like a little paper boy.

I had the same problem w/in the sun, out of the sun - hard to keep up with changing the settings. Perhaps next time we should use aperture priority or shutter priority?

Barb said...

Got such a kick out of reading this! I thought it was only me! Glad to know I am not alone in those frustrations! Still love the shot! I like Lisa's solution...shutter priority or aperture priority. I never think to do that, but it would help for those partly cloudy days, wouldn't it?