Saturday, January 24, 2009

Big Boo Boo

It's ugly. Sorry I didn't warn you. And it's going to look even worse in a few days. Wednesday afternoon, I took the boys to get some ice cream at Bruester's. Thomas was laying on the top of a metal bench (as a boy is prone to do) and slipped while getting down and smashed into the metal armrest full-force. He cried and cried and the area immediately started turning blue and swelling slightly. It was more swollen and blue yesterday and even worse today. He can't even wear his glasses because the swelling is so bad (see how he can't even smile?). Believe me, it actually looks worse in person. We were concerned about possible facial fractures so I took him to the doctor today. Luckily he's ok and we feel like it was worth the 25 dollar co-pay to make sure. You can't be too careful when it's your baby! And the poor kid has a cold too which explains the red nose/lip and according to the doctor one reason the swelling is going to take longer than usual to go down.


1 comment:

LC Photography said...

O M G!!! I can't believe it, that looks incredibly painful!

I can't imagine what would be worse for the little guy.....and the scare & terror you must have experienced.

I think he needs lots of ice cream (at home, on the soft comfy couch) to make him feel better.

Tell him we hope he feels better real soon.