Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Best Barbecue in Texas

So where did I go last weekend? I know you're dying to find out so I won't make you wait any longer. We went to Austin to visit Chris, Jennifer, and Evie. They'd just gotten their Texas Monthly in the mail and the feature article was about the 50 best barbecue places in the state. And number one was a little barbecue joint in Lexington, TX that's only open one day a week. They open at 8 am and stay open till the meat runs out, usually by noon. So we called our order in at 8:15 Saturday morning, left the house at 10, and got there a little after 11. When we walked in, they said, "Please tell us you preordered." Good thing we had. They made 2 1/2 times the amount of meat they usually do and still sold out by 10:15.
So how was it? The brisket was by far the best I'd ever tasted and I'm a Texas girl so I've had LOTS of brisket in my lifetime. It literally melted in our mouths. It was an awesome "Barbecue Adventure" as we liked to call it and definitely worth the drive.

1 comment:

LC Photography said...

Wow.....I'm still amazed that this restaurant is only open 1 day a week.

Great shot of the small red building. The brisket looks delicious, it's making my mouth water.