Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fried Goodness

Each year, vendors at the State Fair try to come up with new and unique things they can batter and deep fry. This year, one of the most popular items is pictured above: chicken fried bacon. How was it? Pretty much like you'd imagine. It was actually a little dry and could have used some type of dipping sauce. We also tried Fire and Ice, another deep fried newbie. It was deep fried pineapple, topped with strawberries and whipped cream and some kind of dippin-dottyish vanilla ice cream. It was ok but not great. My very favorite thing was one that has been around for a few years. I'd just never tried it before: deep fried Twinkie. Imagine the yumminess that is a Twinkie dipped in a sweet batter and deep fried then topped with powdered sugar and for those of you who aren't nolongerlikingchocolate weirdos like me, chocolate sauce. Obviously I ordered mine without the sauce. But it was awesome. The cream filling was warm and oozy and delicious. Good thing the fair only comes around once a year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I hadn't been told I would have thought they were steakfingers! I can just imagine how they taste!

Grandma

LC Photography said...

That's N A S T Y!!!!! I love bacon, but I can not imagine it deep fried. I guess that is why they cover it in breading, to absorb the oil.......yuck.

Cool picture.